Young woman pregnant, awaiting sentencing on Fedeal drug charges, can her parents seek parental control over unborn child? 3 Answers as of September 05, 2013

Can her parents request parental control of the unborn child before birth and/or sentencing? If not, will that child be turned over to CPS?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
It would be wise for the mother to consent to guardianship of the child, so that the grandparents could step in and help her and the child. If the mother does not do that, then more likely than not, CPS will become involved and the baby will either be placed with family members, if they meet the background requirements or placed into foster care.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 9/5/2013
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
She could give you a power of attorney over the child once it is born. You need to talk with the corrections people to see if those arrangements can be made.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 9/4/2013
Jayson Lutzky, PC | Jayson Lutzky
Can not have custody until the child is born. The father and mother have rights to custody. The grandparents can seek custody once the child is born and the father receives a copy of the petition.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/4/2013
Click to View More Answers: