Would a seized vehicle in a drug related matter ever be released back to the owner? Posted on August 04, 2011

My vehicle was seized in a drug related matter while I was at work. The driver at the time had no knowledge, nor did I, or the registered owner of the vehicle, the people that were arrested on drug charges, had any illegal substances or materials used promote or manufacture. A simple ride for the two arrested and the promise of gas for the lift was all driver was aware of. The driver of my vehicle was not arrested and subsequently released at the scene. When the driver was able to call me and let me know what had happened 2 to 3 hours had gone by. I never received a phone call or any kind of paperwork from the arresting officer. According to TN state law website, a Notice of Seizure is supposed to given, this was not done either. As far as the individuals arrested, I had no previous relationships with them at or know anything about their current or past activities. Its been over 48 hours and I still have had no contact from local law enforcement about this. It took me 12 hours to find out where the vehicle is at, and talk to someone who knew where it was. If there are any options available to me in getting my vehicle released, I'd like to know. Its my only running mode of transportation.