Would pleading guilty help me with my record? 5 Answers as of August 20, 2015

I was caught stealing. The employees called the police. About $400 in merchandise. Should I plead guilty to the charge? If I do, what will happen? Can I get it from my record later?

A conviction will never be expunged.
First, stop making admissions of criminal activity over the Internet. Second, engage an attorney at least for some counseling as to how to handle this matter. Lastly, if this is the only charge you have on your record and you are in Michigan it may be possible to expunge a conviction five years after you have completed whatever sentence is given you.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If you plead guilty you will have charge on record. So, don't plead guilty. Fight it.
Nope. The exact opposite will occur. Theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
No, do not plead guilty. If you plead guilty, you will end up with a conviction for stealing on your permanent criminal record. Potential punishment for misdemeanor stealing in Missouri is 1 year in jail and $1,000 fine. Hire an attorney to take care of this for you. Your attorney can probably get the charge dismissed or reduced to a lesser offense. No, you can not get a conviction for stealing expunged (removed) from your criminal record later after you have been convicted.