Would my constitutional rights be violated if the new law is passed? 1 Answers as of April 18, 2011

Would the new law in IL banning child sex offenders from the park when the said child sex offender is a parent of a 6year old and 5 year old? Would it violate his parental rights civil rights and Constitutional rights when the conviction was 13 years ago and ruled not sexually motivated in any way but still consider a child sex offender? So under parental rights wouldn’t it violate the right to supervise your children or grow them? Under civil rights only going after one group of people the law applies to. Under constitutional rights that the law retroactively goes after prior convictions to further punish someone and the right to have family assembly in the parks or gathers THE right to assemble!

Not being an expert in Constitutional law, I am unable to render an opinion on whether the new law is constitutional or not. The best way to find out is to contact a civil attorney who practices in Federal court to contest the validity of the law, but in the time being, if you are a registered sex offender, you have no business being in a park where children are present.