Would a misdemeanor charge effect on renewing green card? 6 Answers as of February 27, 2011

I am permanent resident and recently I had misdemeanor charge. Would that have an effect on renewing my green card?

Most misdemeanors would not affect your Green Card, but some may. Without knowing what you were convicted of, when you were convicted, what was the sentence, and whey you become a Green Card holder I cannot tell you with certainty whether your could endanger your Green Card by filing to renew it.
Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
This question is too vague to answer. Please consult with my site's list of aggravated felonies (always deportable/subject to exclusion) and crimes involving moral turpitude.
Most misd do not cause a problem but crimes of moral terpitude or drug trafficing are a problem and domestic violence.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
It depends on the type of charge. Something like possession of a gun or domestic violence (for example) could render you deportable. A conviction such as driving with no driver license would probably not hurt you very much. Another issue: It also depends on whether this is your first ever crime or whether there was some others before.
It depends on what kind of misdemeanor it is. If is one of moral turpitude, you need to work with a lawyer to solve this problem. Good luck!