Would it be smart to hire a lawyer to represent me after a slip and fall that happened in a hotel in Washington? 1 Answers as of March 10, 2011

After I slipped and fell in a hotel, and when the insurance company representing the place contacted me, they told me they would pay my hospital bills. Instead they put a spending cap on my hospital bills of $5000 and they also are telling me they do not owe me for any liability.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Shaw Law Firm
Shaw Law Firm | Steven L. Shaw
They should have clarified what was going on. The $5000 was likely a no-fault "med pay" coverage they have with their insurer. They basically cover the first 5K in medical expenses regardless of fault. For anything else, you will have to prove that the hotel's negligence as the cause for your injury. You didn't say why you slipped, and it would be a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney to determine whether the hotel has any liability for what happened to you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 3/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: