Would it be easy to get guardianship so he can transfer schools without courts if he has lived with me for a year now? 1 Answers as of September 23, 2016

I have my grandson for a year. My daughter passed away a year ago. The father is illegal here in my country. They were married with 3 kids and the oldest which is now 14 years old has always wanted to stay with me now he is living here. It's been a year and he receives disability. His father was abusive to my daughter and to him. The father always has a bad temper, doesn't care to talk to his son and always verbally abusive to him. He doesn't and won't go home.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
Yes, it may be easier given the fact that your grandson has been living with you for a year....if he has been doing well in school and is well-behaved. You didn't say whether the father is going to challenge the guardianship.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 9/23/2016
Click to View More Answers: