Would I need permission to move out of state with my children, given that I never married him and there is no custody agreement? 1 Answers as of July 28, 2016

I have never married my children's father and there is no custody agreement. He does pay child support and if he gets medical insurance, he is court ordered to put them on it. He moved out of state at the beginning of May. I've been told that child support is a form of contact. My children's father has not contacted via text, call or message through social media (which he would do when he ran out of minutes) to speak with the children since he moved. I've heard from a mutual friend that he was back, but he has made no mention or contact to tell our kids. He just got a job, which I only know because of the child support deposit I got last Wednesday. Is child support a form of contact?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
If by custody agreement you mean there is no parenting plan in place then you are free to move.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 7/28/2016
Click to View More Answers: