Would I have to still pay child support for a 18 year old child who only goes to school maybe 2 hours a week? 8 Answers as of April 30, 2014

Ezim Law Firm | Dean Esposito
If the child is in college, then no. If in high school, probably not. The child has to be a full time student and it does not seem that the child is such.
John Ceci PLLC
John Ceci PLLC | John Ceci
I doubt it. After age 18 child support in Michigan is reserved for children "regularly attending high school on a full-time basis with a reasonable expectation of completing sufficient credits to graduate from high school while residing on a full-time basis with the recipient of support or at an institution..." That comes directly from the statute. If I was arguing against support I would note that it's hard to see how 2 hours a week qualifies as full-time anything.
In Idaho, as long as it is high school, yes.
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder
Law Office of Linda K. Frieder | Linda K. Frieder, Esq.
Until the child graduates high school or turns 19.
I would have to have more details, but generally after child is 18 in Michigan the child support only continues if the child is continuing in high school and progressing towards graduation and has not reached the age of 19.5 years.
    Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
    In Nebraska child support continues until the child is 19.
    Smith Law | Sharon K Smith
    If the child is still in high school, yes; not if the school is post secondary.
    D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC
    D. R. Phillips Law Firm, LLC | Randy Phillips
    Child support in Alabama ends when the child turns 19 unless there is a court order extending the support for a specific reason.