Would I have to keep interlock device if I move to one of these other states? 2 Answers as of May 18, 2016

I currently options to move another state for work. I have an interlock in my vehicle.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Yes. Hopefully you move to a state that has Interlock providers that are the same as the place you use in Colorado and they can send in the monthly reports to Colorado DMV. If not, it gets complicated with a fall back position being that you just have to not drive (unless the new home state will, for some reason, give you a license even though you are on an Interlock one in Colorado) for the period left on the Interlock license. It is complicated and you should consult with a lawyer about it to be sure of your options.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 5/18/2016
Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
Even in another state, if you remove the interlock device, you are in violation of your terms of probation, and your license in Utah can be suspended. Most of the states have entered into an interstate compact, and if your license is suspended in Utah, it can be suspended in another state.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 5/18/2016
Click to View More Answers: