Would I have a defense for slashing my ex-girlfriend's tire and she got a restraining order against me? 3 Answers as of July 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a nasty breakup. After she got into my Facebook account and posted some embarrassing personal information about me on my wall, I threw a brick through her window, slashed her tires, and left a bunch of nasty messages on her voicemail over a period of a week. Although I wasn't arrested, she did get a restraining order on me. I moved on and didn't contact her again. Now when I had moved out and taken some things out of the basement, I had mistakenly taken out a box of photos that I honestly believed were mine they turned out to be personal letters, artwork, and photos of her sister who had since passed away. She did try to approach me to get it back, but I, of course being all angry, said "Sorry, I gotta be 100 yards away from you! See ya!" However, I couldn't get myself to throw them away, so they get stayed under my bed for about 2 years. Well, now that it's been two years, I'm over it, got a new girlfriend and moved on, and I decided it's time to move past the anger and return the property to her. I boxed them up and mailed them to her, with a brief letter of apology (Nothing in the letter saying I wanted her back, just apologizing for keeping them so long out of spite). Would you believe me if I told you this b*tch had me arrested, saying I violated the restraining order?!? I'm due in court in a few weeks and my public defender is out of his office until next week. Would I have a defense in saying I was returning HER property? This defies unbelievable!!!

Two years later. Was the restraining order still in effect or had it lapsed? It should say so on the order.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
What strikes me is that a PPO is usually only good for a year.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
If you clean up your language, rid your hostility, and if you did not write a threatening letter, explain all that to the court. You could have had someone else make the return and not write a letter. Be able to explain why you did not do that. It was good you returned the things. Good luck.