Would I file the divorce through where I live, where we were married or where he is? 2 Answers as of October 04, 2017

He is in prison. I live in another state. How do I go about divorce in this situation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rockhill Pinnick LLP | Jay Rigdon
Assuming no significant property, you should be able to do it in your state if you have lived there long enough to qualify to do so.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 10/4/2017
Law Office of John G. Galasso | John George Galasso
Ohio law requires a 90 residency in a particular county to file here; If you have recently moved here, make sure you establish residency, change mailing address, get utilities in your name are examples.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 10/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: