Would I be able to keep funds after sale of rental home that I filed under bankruptcy after I pay loan off? 8 Answers as of June 01, 2017

I filed in 2009.

Since you filed in 2009, I assume your case is closed and the trustee has abandoned all assets. Which means you can probably keep any proceeds of a sale over the loan balance but to be sure have a bankruptcy lawyer take a look at your case.
Generally yes. But check with your lawyer as to other liens against the property. This is very important.
Yes, if you have a discharge and the case is closed, those funds are yours.
Pay an experienced lawyer for one or two hours of their time to review your file. Asking for this kind of legal advice is like calling a random doctor on the phone with you asking questions about an Xray and lab result the doctor has never seen, including your medical records.
If your bankruptcy is closed then you can keep the net proceeds.
    Portland Bankruptcy Law Group
    Portland Bankruptcy Law Group | Christopher J. Kane
    Yes, if your bankruptcy case is closed you are free to keep the proceeds from the sale of any of your property.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    Yes, unless the bankruptcy trustee identified the rental home as a non-exempt asset after your hearing in 2009.
    An attorney would need to review the bankruptcy file to be sure that the rental property is not part of your bankruptcy estate. Based on what you have disclosed, I am simply not able to say for sure.