Would I be able to have a checking account for my business if I file bankruptcy? 10 Answers as of September 09, 2015

I have a small vending route and need to have a checking account. Will the banks let me have one after filing bankruptcy?

Yes, bankruptcy doesn't interfere with your ability to get a checking account, only having a previous account with bad checks does. Of course, if you can't get a checking account because you've bounced a lot of checks in the past, bankruptcy isn't going to fix that.
Yes. They won't close the one you have, even if you owe them money.
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
Banks have their own rules about who qualifies for a checking account. That being said, banks have no reason to deny you a checking account if you filed bankruptcy. If your credit rating disqualifies you from opening a checking account, there are ways to raise your credit score, such as opening a secured credit card account.
Yes, the checking account is off of your tax id number not your social security number so the bankruptcy will have no effect.
That is a decision for each bank to make, but typically, unless you had an account with the bank before that went bad, any bank will welcome you as a customer.