Would I be able to get a k1 visa for my fiance with my immigration history? 3 Answers as of July 15, 2011

My question is will I have a problem getting my fiance approved for a k1 visa if I was married before and I fixed my ex husband's papers? I Got married to me ex husband when I was about 19 and I fixed his papers so that he could stay here in the U.S. We stayed together for a few years and then separated ( we have no children together). After a few years I moved to Mexico (02/2010) where I met my fiancee I located my now ex husband and asked him to file for a divorce. The divorce went through 10/2010. Now I am back in the US I am 7 month pregnant with my fiance baby and I was wondering would we have problems getting a k 1 visa approved? I really do not want to go back to Mexico because of the drug war that is happening ... I feel it will be unsafe for my children and unsafe for my husband... please help me thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No I don't think so. You are entitled to the pursuit of happiness just like any other USC. So, go ahead and file for your K-1 or K-3 for that matter and be patient. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
You should be fine as long as you have the required documents and file it properly. You can even require expedite process since you are pregnant.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You should be able to get the K-1 visa, although the K-3 as the spouse of a US citizen would be just as fast and easier to approve. You will need to prove up the bona fides of the relationship.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: