Would the house be considered 50% mom's and 50% split between us three girls if my father died without a will in 1973? 2 Answers as of July 22, 2014

My mother is in a nursing home. I have two sisters.

Law Office of Melissa Botting | Melissa Botting
In Texas there are a couple of questions that need to be asked. Was the house community or separate property? Next are there children outside this marriage, such as a previous marriage? Since you say it is your mother and father, I will answer as if your sisters are also the product of this marriage. If the house is community property, it belongs to your mother. If the house was your father's separate property, it belongs to you children. She however, has the right to live in it all of her life. Whether her stay in the nursing home is sufficient to remove that right, is a whole different question.
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
I need more information. Who is on title to the house right now? Just Mom? Is there a husband? Are there any deceased children of your mother? Did you mother have a will? Is your mother on Medicaid? Did your father have children outside the marriage?