Would the current F2A benefit my mom who lives in Jordan if I am LPR? 8 Answers as of August 20, 2013

If I apply I-130 for her what would be the estimated wait time for her to get immigrant visa? My other question is: She has a B2 visa; if she comes to the US would they admit her if they know that she has a pending I-130?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
There is no provision under immigration law for green card holders to file petitions for their parents. F2A petitions is classification of petitions for green card holders for their spouses and children under 21 years old. You must become a US citizen to be able to file petition for your mother. Next, the fact that a petition has been filed and pending could pose a problem if the same person is coming to the US with a B-2 visa because while a B-2 visa is for temporary visit, a pending I-130 petition suggests that the same person wishes to take up permanent residence in this country and one is inconsistent with the other.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/20/2013
Walker & Ungo Law Firm
Walker & Ungo Law Firm | Gabriela Ungo
No, since F2A category only applies to spouses and minor children of lawful permanent residents. You will need to become a U.S. Citizen (naturalize) then file a petition for her.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 8/20/2013
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
The current F2A has nothing to do with the mother of an LPR. You cannot file for your mother until you are a U.S. citizen.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/20/2013
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
No. Permanent residents cannot file for a parent. You will need to become a citizen first.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2013
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
No, the F2A is for spouses and children of permanent residents. When you become a U.S. citizen, you can petition her.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: