Will your license be suspended by the DMV if alleged for driving under influence of marijuana? 4 Answers as of March 25, 2015

They didn't take my license away or give me a temporary one after released from jail. I've spoken with a few lawyers and everyone says something different. Do I need to call the DMV?

There is no per se administrative suspension for driving under the influence of anything but alcohol. If the officer took your license and gave you a pink slip/temporary license, you should read it and call the DMV for a hearing. If there is no alcohol in your system that suspension will be set aside. On the other hand if you are convicted for DUI in court there is a six month suspension unless you enroll in a court approved program.
You should call the DMV just to be safe, because the DMV wouldn't automatically know whether alcohol was involved or not, and if no hearing is requested you risk losing by default. As for the court, yes your license will be suspended if you are convicted of Marijuana DUI. You should hire a DUI specialist to represent you in court and at the DMV.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
The DMV will not suspend your license but a court conviction for DUI- marijuana will trigger a suspension upon pleading guilty.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If you are convicted of DUI, your license will be suspended. With a DUI drugs there is no reason for you to get convicted. Lawyer up