Will we lose our home or can we remodify our loan? 3 Answers as of May 12, 2011

My Grandfather, who passed away, took out a mortgage on a home to help his stepdaughter buy a house in 2006. His stepdaughter (my aunt) has been trying to get a loan modification but the bank has made this whole process a nightmare. My grandfathers' widow would like to help if she can. Any advise?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Burnham & Associates
Burnham & Associates | Stephanie K. Burnham
Getting a loan modification is a stressful process that very rarely results in the desired reduction. In order to obtain a loan modification, you must provide all documentation required in advance of the due dates specified. You also should follow up to ensure that the documents were received by the mortgage company.
Answer Applies to: New Hampshire
Replied: 5/12/2011
Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
It may not be possible to modify the loan if he was the only one on the note. You should talk with a Florida Estate Planning Lawyer who is familiar with foreclosures and loan modifications.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: