Will we have to sleep near the school in order to go there? Posted on March 28, 2011

Here is the situation. Our family lives in a house Arkoma, Oklahoma. Our two kids go to school at Ramsey Junior High if Fort Smith Arkansas. Since Ramsey does not allow you to transfer in because it is full, we had to use a friend of ours address to attend school there. Well someone turned us in and we were told we would have to switch schools but we told them that we would rent an apartment in Fort Smith. They said we could do that but they would have someone come by to make sure we are living there. My question is that if we were not living there, but in our house in Arkoma, would they be able to expel us from Fort Smith Public Schools? I wasnt sure because they are still receiving their taxes and also what exactly would be living there? Is there a certain number of hours that we would have to be at the apartment to be considered living there? well my main question is do they have to make us live there (as in sleep, eat, ect.)? Thank You!