Will we be treated fairly by insurance in or do we need a personal injury lawyer? 18 Answers as of June 23, 2015

My daughter was in a traffic accident on February 4. The accident was other drivers fault, and my daughter was injured. I have the same insurance as the other driver, and at this point, it feels like the insurance is taking care of themselves. Will I be treated fairly to take care of my daughter's back issues down the road or do I need an attorney to make certain that someone is looking out for my daughter?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Because the same insurance company covers both drivers, you need an independent lawyer more than usual.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
You should reach out to a Georgia personal injury attorney, the consultation is free and you will have a better understanding of what to expect. Good luck.
The insurance company will screw you over if they can get away with it. Get a lawyer.
It is the job of the insurance company to look out for their company and pay out as little as it can get away with. It is the job of the lawyer to look out for you, first and foremost. It never hurts to talk to an experienced injury lawyer. Consider consulting one. Good luck.
Guess what the adjuster's job is. His/her job is to pay as little as possible. Get a good lawyer ASAP.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    You will not be treated "fairly". Hire a lawyer.
    S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
    The insurance companies have a vested interest in mitigating damages because that cuts into the company profit line. Therefore, you should at least consult an attorney about the incident.
    All I will say is that if the insurance company deals with you fairly, you would be the first.
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
    The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
    Well, I hate to have to say this, but your insurance company is not on your side. They?re in business to maximize profits, and that goal is not furthered by looking out for claimants? best interests. Insurance companies are notorious for taking advantage of unrepresented parties. You?ll do best being represented by a lawyer.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You should get a lawyer just like you would get a doctor for a medical problem. The insurance company will pay pennies on the dollar since they know you can't file suit without a lawyer. There are many components to properly build a personal injury case and get adequate recovery.
    No, you won't be treated fairly by any insurance company and yes you do need a lawyer. Insurance companies are not in the business of treating people fairly. I'm not ascribing bad intent (well some of them) but it's that insurance companies are there to make money for their stockholders and protect their insureds, claims are considered "losses" and so it is against their interests to pay a loss. They have claims representatives, managers, lawyers, etc all on their side, so you need someone on your side, and that's what we do.
    Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C. | Lee R. Atterbury
    No, you will not be treated fairly. You need to hire a lawyer!
    You really should talk to an attorney.
    That is a fair and a hard question, which does come up from time to time. You might want to consult a lawyer, and have him or her do the limited service of evaluating any offer with you, and perhaps advising you as to how you can best respond to an offer. OR, you could simply retain a good lawyer to represent you in all dealings leading to a settlement or, if necessary, a trial. It's almost always worth the investment.
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC
    Gregory S. Shurman, LLC | Gregory S Shurman
    I believe you will be better protected with an attorney.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    In many cases, if you hire an attorney to help with the case, you may receive more after the attorney is paid than you would have gotten on your own. The insurance company is trying to protect their own interests, and the adjuster handling your case will try to pay you as little as possible.
    You have answered your own question. Yes, for your daughter.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    Your daughter will definitely need a personal injury lawyer to represent her interests. The insurance company is in business to make a profit. It will therefore try to pay the least amount of money it can to your daughter. She will need a lawyer to help her get a fair recovery.