Will transfered money be taxed? 2 Answers as of May 06, 2011

If a non-resident foreigner has saved lots of money in a US account, before the money is withdrawn, the foreigner received his greencard. After he becomes a US permanent resident, he wants to transfer most of the savings in that US account to his own account in his origin country. Will he be taxed?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
He is subject to tax on the earnings of his saving account after he gets his green card.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/6/2011
Meyer & Yee, LLP
Meyer & Yee, LLP | Kent W. Meyer
Principal is probably ok- interest earned after residency should be taxed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: