Will the traffic accident case affect his immigration? 3 Answers as of September 22, 2014

My relative got in a traffic accident. After the accident, he was so shocked that he does not remember how it all happened. It may be a possible his criminal case may be diverted to mental health court. Though he is perfectly fine now, his doctor’s advice is to take medicine. He fears that his USC wife may not sign the I751 form after the accident and he may have to file for waiver.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Only if he is convicted of a crime could it have a negative effect on his immigration status.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/22/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Yes she might.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2014
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
The form I 751 must be filed either jointly or with a waiver. As for accident: your relative should speak with an attorney. If there is a criminal case here, it might be a big problem.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/22/2014
Click to View More Answers: