Will ticket fraud as a minor go on my record? 5 Answers as of August 31, 2011

Got a ticket for retail fraud as a minor. I didn’t have to go to court or anything, just pay $80. Will this be on my record?

Retail fraud is considered a misdemeanor and if convicted will go on your record. However, the store may have merely sought civil damages and not pursued the matter criminally. You will need to check with the court and the judge to see for certain what actually happened.
It will be part of your juvenile record, which is a public record should someone make proper inquiry. You could ask the court where the matter was handled to expunge the record if you otherwise qualify. For further information, contact me.
Retail Fraud (shoplifting) is a misdemeanor offense. A Juvenile Record is a suppressed record that is not public. In Juvenile Court, there are programs called "diversion programs." If you were given/participated in such a program, (for example, by paying the $80 and having your case reviewed to see that you had no future offenses), there may not even be a juvenile record of the offense. I hope that this was helpful.
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law
Jules N. Fiani, Attorney at Law | Jules Fiani
Depends, if you were 17 years of age or older the answer is yes. If you were under the age of 17 as a juvenile then it may not necessarily go on your record.
These cases have to go to court if charged. Check with the court. Records can be kept clean under the right circumstances with the right lawyer.