Will this be my Second or Third DUI? 6 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I have 2 DUI convictions, one as a minor (17 years old, not tried as an adult) and a second when I was 21 years old. I am now 24 and was just charged with a DUI. Will this count at my Third DUI in the courts eyes? Can my juvenile record really be held against me?

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
Probably your 3rd, unfortunately. For more information, please see my website.
When you have two priors, the next is a third. Yes, they all count. Even if the juvy one didnt, you still face enhanced penalties for 2nd. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Keep in mind a little free advice: When you are arrested for DUI, whether alcohol or drugs, then upon release from jail or booking you were given documents that included a notice that you have only ten days to file a request with DMV for a hearing on an appeal of an automatic one-year suspension of your license imposed by DMV. That is separate and runs consecutively with any suspension that may be imposed by the court. Contact DMV and do so, timely, then appear at your scheduled DMV hearing and present any supporting evidence and testimony. If you don't know how to do these things, then hire an attorney that does. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
The DMV considers it a 3rd conviction. The courts should treat it as a second because a June case is not a conviction.
Third DUI in 10 years triggers the DMV consequences including juvenile adjudications. For criminal law mandatory increased penalties however, it is a second offense though the judge will see and likely consider the juvenile case.
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
Probably. For offense that are strikes or priors, juvenile records can count. It depends on what specific code section you were charged with in the juvenile court.
    Bird & Van Dyke, Inc.
    Bird & Van Dyke, Inc. | Mary Ann Bird
    A juvenile DUI is not priorable in the criminal court proceedings. Therefore, you will only be facing a second time DUI criminal complaint. Good luck.