Will they give me a deal to finish the rest of my hours or days in jail after a probation violation? 1 Answers as of October 10, 2017

I’m 20 years old who has been charged with a misdemeanor for domestic violence. They had me do 1 year of domestic violence classes, 720 hours of community service which is 90 days, and pay a $700 fine. I had to quit college and get a job so I could pay for my domestic violence and my fine. My classes were $26 for every class. I never did my community service because I didn’t have enough to do it as I did the rest that court ordered me to do. I had to catch 2 trains and 2 buses back and forth which is $10.00 every day. I completed everything else besides my community service. They gave me my last extension on March 18, 2017. I had 6 months to do this. I started going to community service everyday as I worked. The problem is, I started to show up late most of the time to work because it took me a while to get from community service to work on time so I lost my part time job. I have no money to finish my community service. I’ve done 55 days which leaves me with 280 hours left. I couldn’t finish the rest because I have no one to give me rides. The judge told me that she will revoke my probation if I didn’t complete it. I tried my best and I’m afraid that she will punish me severely. Will I go to jail? I’ve been charged when I was 18 and it was my first crime so I really don’t know how the court system works. I’ve tried writing letter to the court right after my first appearance to let them know about the community service issue. They didn’t care so I really don’t know what else to do.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant for the probation violation. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you. Then the lawyer can talk to the Judge about the PV.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: