Will there be a possibility that I will be able to petition my husband? 2 Answers as of September 04, 2014

My husband got deported about 7 years ago and got sentenced not to enter the country for 5 years, but he did (like a week later) I married him within this 5 year period and had a child with him. We also have a son who is now 9. I've been told the only way I can petition him is through an amnesty, and there is a 50/50 possibility that he can get fixed for a permanent green card.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Do not waste your time or money. Even if there were an amnesty, I doubt he would qualify.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/4/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Based upon the information provided your husband is subject to the permanent bar. This bar can only be waived after he resides outside the United States for at least ten years.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/4/2014
Click to View More Answers: