Will there be a bench warrant for my arrest if I miss my bankruptcy court date? 9 Answers as of August 22, 2016

I paid my attorney to file bankruptcy papers. He did not file the papers in a timely manner. I missed a court date.

If by your "court date" you mean your creditors meeting, no a warrant will not be issued. However, if you know your going to miss a court date, you should have it rescheduled.
Freeman Law Group, LLC
Freeman Law Group, LLC | Derek Freeman
The bankruptcy court does not issue bench warrants. You will not be arrested for failing to appear at a bankruptcy meeting or hearing. If you miss a court date for your bankruptcy case, or fail to obey any other court order, your bankruptcy case may be dismissed.
Not generally, but it depends on what court papers we are talking about.
It sure would have helped to answer your question if you had mentioned what kind of court date you missed. If you missed a court date on a criminal matter, your bankruptcy filing would not have affected that responsibility one way or another. If you missed a civil court date, or if you missed your bankruptcy meeting, usually contacting the appropriate party to ask for another date will resolve any problem. In any event, it would be an extraordinary circumstance for a bench warrant to be issued in either bankruptcy civil court.
Eranthe Law Firm
Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
It's unlikely. Most Bankruptcy hearings if missed result in you losing on the subject of the hearing. If it was your 341 hearing then, in my area, the Trustee would reschedule the hearing. Missing a hearing could result in your case being dismissed or a motion to dismiss your case. Depends what the hearing was for. Very would result in a bench warrant being issued. You need to speak with your attorney. They can answer this question for you much better than anyone reading your post who knows nothing about your case.