Will there be an issue if I continue to register the domain and start my blog? 5 Answers as of August 20, 2013

I am planning to register a domain or something similar to that. When searching Google, I found a South African website with the same domain but ends with .co.za. Will there be an issue if I continue to register the domain and start my blog? The purpose of the blog is to provide accounting techniques and strategies of business.

Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
There will not be a problem as long as you do not confuse the public with your domain and the content of your website - compared to the South African domain. Domain names are the "wild west" - anything goes until one domain is confused with another - so keep your content your own.
Michael M. Ahmadshahi
Michael M. Ahmadshahi | Michael M. Ahmadshahi, Ph.D., Esq.
If the SA company does business in the States and your blog services are similar or otherwise dilutes their goods/services, then they can accuse you of trademark infringement and/or violation of anti-Cybersquatting laws, otherwise you're ok.
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
I cant see any problems if you get the same domain name with .com - provided that you are not using someone else's trademark.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
You never can guess what an owner of a similar domain will do. In most cases they just let the domain continue without trouble, but in other cases the other owner(s) may want to fight your use of the name. Search for the domain Nissan.com and you will see a good example. You need to pick some name and most of the simple names are taken. In general you should use the domain until you are forced to change or abandon the name (or blog).
Mohr Intellectual Property Law
Mohr Intellectual Property Law | Joseph Mohr
An issue to consider would be whether consumers would be confused between your website and the South African website. If there is a risk of consumer confusion, you should consult with a trademark attorney to help you determine if there would be trademark infringement liability concerns from registering the domain name.