Will the temporary restraining order be dropped or can I have it extended until he complies? 1 Answers as of January 25, 2017

I went in for a domestic violence restraining order and the lady taking my statement told me she modified my statement to make sure I got the TRO. lt went from DV to child abuse and I was told by the lady that it was basically arguments between us but she did see the defendant as being abusive to our son. I have court Thursday and I want to let the judge know that I have no intention of ever having a dating relationship with this man again. I would like to see him get some help and eventually be able to have visits with our kids if he complies with DYFS and court orders.

Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
You MUST be truthful at all times. Lying to the Court (even by omission) so you can get your way can backfire, and can even lead to your loss of custody. Let the Court know immediately what "modifications" were made on your behalf. While this may go against what it is you are trying to do, it is necessary so that you can move forward on the proper footing.