Will a statute of limitations on DUIs result in a lesser sentence? 7 Answers as of July 15, 2015

I had 2 DUIs. One was in 2009 and one in 2010. I got a 3rd DUI last November. Could I get the 3rd DUI reduced to a lessor offense?

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. The statute of limitations on a DUI is two years, which means the prosecutor has two years to try your case, or it gets dismissed. It has got nothing to do with reducing charges. Third DUI. Here is a suggestion, get counseling.
You better hire a DUI specialist, otherwise the mandatory jail term is 120 days in county.
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
If by statute of limitations you mean how far back can they allege priors, in California it's 10 years. As to whether you can get the third DUI reduced, that depends on a lot of factors. Consult an attorney for specific guidance many of us on LawQA provide a free consultation.
I don't understand your question about statutes of limitation. In any case, in most counties in Wisconsin the prosecutors are extremely reluctant to reduce any alcohol-related offense. You'd have to show them that they cannot possibly prevail if there were a trial. Consult a good criminal lawyer, but I think you'll hear the same thing.
Best DUI Lawyer
Best DUI Lawyer | Aniko Hoover
DUI's fall off after 10 years. It goes by your arrest date. If you have never appeared on any of your DUIs - well- you would not really have a first or second DUI unless you've been convicted of it. Now that some much time has gone by you could probably get a really good deal on the 2009 & 2010 DUI if you never appeared on them before. However, if you have already been convicted of the 2009 & 2010 DUI - well then, the new one is a Third DUI and will only be reduced to a lesser offense based on the merits of that particular case.
    The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
    A third DUI in Illinois can be charged as a felony (aggravated DUI) which is punishable by either probation or prison from three to seven years. Sometimes, the prosecutor will leave it as a misdemeanor, which is punishable either by conditional discharge, probation or 364 days in jail. It is possible that the charge can be reduced. Your attorney would have to make a very strong argument to get that, given your arrest history.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    You can move to have all of them dismissed if you have not been convicted.