Will a reckless discharge hinder my application for a Concealed pistol license and HYTA? 2 Answers as of June 11, 2013

I am applying for a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) in the state of Michigan. On the application process for it, it asks if i have had a misdemeanor listed on the Concealed Pistol License guide in the 8 years preceding this application. and then a box for yes and no. One of the misdemeanors includes Reckless discharge of a firearm (MCL 752.863a) Now, i have had a charge of reckless discharge of a firearm and i plead guilty with HYTA (Holmes Youthful Training Act) which expunges the charge off my record (as i understand it.) Now my question is, will that interrupt my process in getting a CPL? Should i put either yes or no on the application?

You must answer the questions honestly, or you will be denied. A background check will show prior convictions, including YTA and juvenile convictions. You may be denied your CCW permit. This is a decision that the gun board will make. You will need to present all information to them, and they can decide to issue or deny your application. I hope that this helped.
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber