Will the proof of service affect the 6 month waiting period for divorce? 7 Answers as of March 24, 2015

My proof of service of my divorce papers was rejected due to the fact I learned that I cannot serve the papers myself. So I have to redo my POS.

James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
The six months begins to run when the other party is legally served.
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
Yes, the 6-month time runs from the time that the Court obtains jurisdiction over Respondent which is usually done at the time (s)he is served. Your post is botched; the service, NOT the proof of service, is the problem.
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
The actual date of service is what triggers the 6 months period. So if service was defective then the 6 months has not starting running. Remember also that the 6 months is not automatic, you must filed all the required papers and the divorce is only final when the Judgment is entered by the Court.
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Yes. The six months runs from the date the other side is properly served with the papers.
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson
Law Offices of John F. Nicholson | John F. Nicholson
The 6 month waiting period has not begun because your spouse has not been properly served - it is not simply a defective pos, it is defective service. You need a non-party to serve your spouse then the clock starts ticking.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    Yes, in California, the first day you are eligible for a divorce is six months and one day after she is properly served. If she files a Response before you get her properly served, the court will use that as the starting date.
    The Goldberg Legal Group
    The Goldberg Legal Group | David Goldberg
    Yes it will affect the 6 month period. It would be 6 months from the earlier of either proper service or if your spouse files a response to the divorce.