Will a possession of marijuana city ordinance stay on my record? 2 Answers as of July 04, 2013

Will a possession of marijuana city ordinance stay on my record? And if so, is this considered a misdemeanor even if it’s a city ordinance?

Harrison & Harrison
Harrison & Harrison | Samuel Harrison
Many city ordinance violations are not reported as misdemeanor convictions. This varies, so you should check with someone familiar with the particular city where you were charged.
Giannini Law Office, PC
Giannini Law Office, PC | Robert Giannini
Were you arrested? If not, and if the court keeps the record local, it should not show appear on your criminal history. The key is to find out from the clerk of court whether this offense will be reported to the GCIC and to the DDS. Remember that a conviction for possession of weed will suspend your driver's license if reported to the state. Maybe you should consider hiring an attorney in your area.