Will a pending trial or ACD affect my ability to travel to Cuba? 7 Answers as of November 16, 2011

I have an upcoming trip to Cuba. It is a legal trip, made for humanitarian purposes, and I will be going through US customs. am a little concerned because I have a recent misdemeanor arrest for disorderly conduct (political protesting). My court date is in a few days. There is a possibility I will be offered an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal, though that's not certain. Alternately, I could go to trial. The trial would almost certainly not begin until after I return from Cuba, as my trip is soon.My question is is there any possibility that my having recently received an ACD or having a pending misdemeanor trial could affect my ability to travel to Cuba legally?

You probably can travel as long as you do not miss any court dates or unless you are under a court order not to leave the court's jurisdiction.
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
This will largely depend on the terms of your pre-trial release. If you were released without bond, usually you will be allowed to travel outside of the country while awaiting trial. However, it is best that you bring your passport with you, and inquire at your hearing, if you do request a trial, whether the terms of your release allow you to travel outside of the country. Judging by the nature of your charge, however, you will most likely be allowed to travel outside of the country.
Lutwin & Lutwin, LLP | Joel M. Lutwin
Your ACD and criminal case should not be a bar to your travel to Cuba provided that it is a legally sanctioned trip.
bark & karpf
bark & karpf | peter bark
Assuming the court did not place any restrictions on your leaving the jurisdiction while your case is pending, you can go anywhere, as long as you return to court on your scheduled court date.
First, Disorderly Conduct is not a misdemeanor. It's less, a violation and not even a crime. I don't think that it will affect your travel plans.
    Juliette S. Levin, Attorney at Law | Juliette S. Levin
    If you are offered and ACD then you need to ask for an immediate sealing of your record. If it remains open for the usual 6months before sealing then it could be viewed as an open case. An open case can be more problematic for you re-entering the country. This could similarly be the case if you went to trial and the case remained open.
    Unless the court imposed travel restrictions you can travel to anywhere you like as long as you make all your court appearances. You should check with your attorney to make sure that there are no restrictions or bail conditions.