Will our divorce result in my husband being deported? 3 Answers as of March 28, 2011

My husband and were married in Aug. 2008. I am a US citizen he is not. Between June and August this year, we have to renew his green card. If we get divorced before he renews it, will he be deported? We have a 6-month-old baby and I don't know if that will factor into him getting a green card. I haven't filed papers for a divorce yet but am thinking of doing it soon.

Yes, if you don't cosign with him his petition, he will.
If he does not file to remove his conditional status (Form I-751) his status will be terminated and he will be deported. If you are not divorced you can still file it together. If you are divorced he would have to qualify for a waiver of the joint filing requirement. You and he need to speak to an immigration attorney regarding his matter since it's complicated by situation.
If you divorce then you cannot file jointly to remove the conditions off his green card (I-751). He can self petition the I-751 based on the divorce however; but harder to get approved than if you file jointly.