Will my wife have to go to the US to get citizenship? 3 Answers as of March 06, 2011

My wife didn't get her us citizenship from her mother, how long will be the process to get us citizenship? She has never been went to us, but her mother is a US citizenship, she will have to go to us or not to get her citizenship?

I would have to say that it depends on when your mother was born. How many years her mother had lived outside the USA, whether her father was a citizen. Typically, if she has eligibility to obtain U.S. citizenship, as she is outside the USA, she will have to apply through the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest her. I have served clients outside the USA, in the Philippines, Venezuela, and Aruba (Netherlands Antilles). If you want the help of an attorney for your mother feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone for a consultation.
No file an i-130.
She does not have to come to US. Actually she cannot come to US without US passport. But a lawyer in US can help to get her certificate of citizenship if she is eligible and get her a passport. You are welcome to contact us. Good luck!