Will my wife get in trouble with tax claims if she is an illegal immigrant? 1 Answers as of February 05, 2011

My wife is a illegal immigrant and she has a social security number but it says she cannot work in the United States, but she works an now wants to file taxes. She wants to claim myself and her on her taxes. Can she do this and can either of us get into trouble for it? She does not have a green card or anything but the social security number.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Givner & Kaye
Givner & Kaye | Bruce Givner
As long as she properly pays taxes on her income she will not have a problem with the IRS. Of course, that has nothing to do with the problems you and she will have with other branches of the United States government.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/19/2011
Click to View More Answers: