Will my wife be deported if we get a divorce? 6 Answers as of February 07, 2011

If I get divorced now and my wife only has her citizenship would she get deported. We been married for 5 years.

Do you mean permanent residency? Or citizenship? In either case these belong to her and your divorce will not hurt her immigration-wise.
You did not mention what status your wife has.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
Citizens cannot be deported from the US unless their citizenship is revoked. The fact that you have gotten divorced after five (5) years should not lead to the revocation of her citizenship. However, I suspect that she really on has a green card at this point. So long as the conditions have been removed and she has a ten (10) year card at this point, your divorce should have no impact on her right to remain here in the US, unless it is later determined that your marriage was fraudulent.
If you wife is U.S. Citizen she cannot be deported. If she has a permanent Green Card she cannot be deported if you get divorced.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
If your wife is a citizen of the United States she will not get deported. If there is a reasonable suspicion that the marriage was not in good faith.