Will my wife also receive an I-130 if she was listed on my form? 5 Answers as of June 15, 2011

My brother (US citizen) just applied I-130 for me. My wife is in my form. Will my wife receive a notification acceptance or just I will?

Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Your wife will not receive a separate notification, but she will part of your case. When your visa becomes current or close to current, you will receive a letter telling you this and instruction you to do certain things. Your wife will be listed as traveling companion and you will need to do the same things for her that you will do for her.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Just you. She will not receive any notice for this case.
You will receive the notification. She will be able to apply for her green card with you because she is listed.
just you; your wife is your derivative and thus is included by virtue of being your spouse. once the visa number is current and the I-130 is approved then you file a separate I-485 and your wife files a separate I-485.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Actually, your wife will not get notified by the USCIS. You will not either. the USCIS will mail the approval to your brother because he was the one who asked for you.