Will my volunteer deportation in 2003 affect my chances of residency? 1 Answers as of March 28, 2011

I came to the USA with a visa. I found a girlfriend and stayed. I got stopped by immigration in Yuma, and they told me to sign a volunteer deportation. They said supposedly that would not affect future application. I came back later illegally and got married. Now I have 2 children, and have been married 7 years to a US citizen. Is there any chance I can become a legal resident? I have been told maybe by two different people who specialize in filling application forms, but never by an attorney who specialize in immigration. My friends tell me about some cases that look the same and have happy ending. I just don’t want to risk it.

Your problem is not your first volunteer departure. The problem is with your illegal arrival later. You are right you should work with a qualified immigration lawyer this time. We would like to help. Please feel free to schedule a consultation for us to collect more facts and to explain your option.