Will my visa be denied after the ten year waiting period? 3 Answers as of July 30, 2011

I came to the US on a student visa and I completed my bachelor degree while going to school and I married a US citizen. I applied for change of status. Got my work permit etc. after a year and a half my marriage was doing badly so my ex wife canceled the application without me knowing i got detained by INS and released on a bond. I received an NTA but since I was going back home anyways and since my mother was very ill I just left the country. It has been 7 years now. I would like maybe one day to visit the US for a vacation of course after the 10 year bar is up (I have a very good situation here back home). I have two questions: I called the court I know I was ordered removal by absentia within 180 days (I had already left) when does the 10 year bar starts (since they don’t know that I left)? If I apply for a visa after 10 year is up am I going to be denied for what happened?

Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices
Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices | Hans Burgos
It should start counting from the date you left the United States since you technically "self deported" when you departed from this country while in removal proceedings.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
The 10 years start to count since the date you left the united states.
You should be fine after 10 years after your departure. But if CIS found your marriage to be a sham marriage, then you will have a difficult time to convince the US consulate to grant you a tourist visa