Will my two counts misdemeanor show up on my record? 8 Answers as of June 29, 2013

I just want to no if these 2-counts show up at all>>I WAS NOT CONVICTED! They people that lied and did this did not show up in courtI HAD TO? Why didn't I get anything on this from my attorneyI'M still asking and not getting any answersWHY?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
You'll have to talk with your attorney why. If you are having serious problems then file a complaint with the state bar on your attorney. Communication is one of the top problems between attorneys/clients.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/9/2012
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC
Cornish, Crowley, Rockafellow, & Sartz, PLLC | Jacob Peter Sartz IV
I'd recommend you obtain a private consultation with a lawyer if you need specific legal advice. Generally speaking, if the charges are dropped, there may be some evidence in court-file that there were charges. Further, most background checks will show that there were charges but they will note the disposition of the case. However, it would not show up as a conviction. Anyone charged is presumed innocent. However, a person can get their prints potentially deleted from the State Police or take other steps to clear up their record assuming they have no other issues with their file.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/6/2012
Rudolph A. Serra, Attorney
Rudolph A. Serra, Attorney | Rudolph A. Serra
It is important that you contact your lawyer. Another attorney can't give you legal advice because, according to your question, you already have a lawyer. It is against the lawyer's code of ethics to give legal advice to someone who already has a lawyer. The attorney who represented you should be able to tell you whether your "two counts misdemeanor" will be on your record or not. If you were not convicted, then no conviction should be on your record - but it is clear from your question you are frustrated and unhappy. You need to call your lawyer and let them know. Ask them your question. If you do not get an answer to a phone call in a day or two, then WRITE a letter and send it. Keep a copy. Try to make your question clear and specific. Saying things like "I'm still asking and not getting any answers - WHY?" is not very helpful since the reader doesn't know what you are "still asking," who you are asking and whether your question was in person, by phone or by letter.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/2/2012
Ryan Berman, Esq | Ryan Berman
If you weren't convicted, then it won't show up on a public records search. But depending on whether you were arrested or not, depends on whether the original charges will show up on a law enforcement check.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/28/2012
Clos, Russell & Wirth, P.C. | Gary A. Russell
If you have not been convicted of an offense, then there is no conviction to report on your "record." That being said, the fact that you were charged with an offense will appear on non-public systems, such as the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) system that is used by police and government agencies. The LEIN shows any arrest or charge and the disposition of same. Such systems are not supposed to be available to the general public and are only to be used for official business.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/28/2012
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    If you were convicted then it willbe on your criminal record along with any arrests.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/28/2012
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    If you were not convicted there should be no record of the conviction, but an arrest record remaining. As for your attorney, hire one who answers your questions and who you have faith in. It is possible the case is not yet finally adjudicated and therefore there is no firm and final answer yet. Without more information there is no firm answer.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/28/2012
    Klisz Law Office, PLLC
    Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
    I don't know. Have you checked with the court to see what they have on file?
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/29/2013
Click to View More Answers: