Will my tickets be dropped if I get an abstract in court? 6 Answers as of August 04, 2011

I got actually two curfew tickets when I was 15 , I went to get my I.d and was told I needed to get an abstract in court. I'm not quite sure what that is. Will I pay my tickets to do community service or will the tickets just be dropped?

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
It depends on several factors.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
This means you have to go to court and the judge will decide what your punishment will be. Most likely it will be for you to do some sort of community work service or pay a fine but it is possible the punishment could be more severe.
A.L.A. Law Group, LLP
A.L.A. Law Group, LLP | Lauren M. Mayfield
You may have failures to appear or failure to pay a fine which is why you need to go to court and find out the outstanding issues and take care of them so you can have an abstract sent to clear up these issues. You can call the mandatory actions unit of the DMV and find out what court issues are preventing you from getting your license.
The DMV is referring to a copy of the Minute Orders from the disposition of your case. Since you apparenly were not present, the Court impounded your mother and turned you into rock-climbers. Some Courts now charge a 'Certfication Fee'. Other wise, your mother will be there, along with Auntie Eve.
Youll get an abstract from the court proving that you have cleared them with the court, once you do clear them by going to court and either negotiating a plea bargain or go to trial, and then comply with the sentencing order. You may be able to get fines and/or community service instead of jail time on them. Once all that is completed, you can get an abstract.
    It is likely that you will have to resolve the tickets, and then get an abstract from the court showing this. This can include recalling the cases out of collection services (if that's where your tickets were moved to) if no plea has been entered. Or, if you did enter a plea, completing the terms of your plea agreement. Once that is done, then the abstract has to be submitted to the DMV. The court may do that directly for you once your issues are resolved.