Will my spouse get green card if we live outside of the US? 6 Answers as of July 18, 2011

In 2013 I will be a us citizen and after few months I will be married to my boyfriend..and we will live in the country where I was born "morocco" we both from there.. So my question is will he get green card from me even if I live there... can he still get a green card ?!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Yes as long as you have the intent to make the U.S. your domicile after he becomes a permanent resident and can satisfy the public charge requirements.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/18/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
No he will not get a "green card" if he does not live in the US. If in the future you decided to come back to US with him, he can apply for one.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/15/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
No. Generally, you have to live here in order to petition your spouse as a LPR in the US. There are circumstances that will allow your spouse to become a LPR with you having a foreign residence. But in a nutshell, you will want to maintain domicile in the US in order to accomplish what you wish in this case. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/15/2011
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You must be residing in the US to petition for an immediate relative and for the USCIS to recognize your affidavit of support.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/15/2011
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Yes if you file it properly and provide the required documents.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: