Will my speeding ticket get sent to collections if I do not pay it by the due date? 9 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I’m in my final extension for paying a traffic ticket, will it get sent to collection of I don’t pay due the due date?

Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux
Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux | Scott Tibbedeaux
Yes, it will. When you sign the ticket it shows you will go to court or promise to pay the fine. If you don't pay your driver's license can be suspended and you may not be able to renew your car's registration. Also, you can be charged with "failure to pay a fine" which is a misdemeanor charge and a warrant may be issued for arrest OR an additional fee (called a civil assessment) of up to $300. Refer to California Courts Self-Help Center under the Traffic section to obtain further information.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
What will happen if you do not go to court, is they will add a 325 non appearance fee called a civil assessment and they will notify DMV and they will suspend your driving privilege until you clear up the ticket!!!!! Don't delay further.
Grant & Grant
Grant & Grant | Richard L. Grant, Esq.
It will be sent to collections, put a hold on your license, and DMV will eventually suspend your license. It is recommended that you immediately consult with an experienced Traffic Defense Attorney without any further delay.
Possibly that, or an arrest warrant could be issued for your failure to comply. Its up to the judge. If you cant get more time extension, pay up.
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
Eventually, yes. Counties are referring these more quickly to Collections because of budget shortfalls and the need to recover more money wherever possible. In addition, the DMV will be notified and will suspend your license until you pay the ticket off. If you don't pay it off in time, there is also a "civil collections" fee of approximately $300 added on to most tickets, and judges are reluctant to waive that.