Will my special abilities affect my green card application? 4 Answers as of June 06, 2011

I have been a Green Card holder for 5 years now. I received my Green Card for Special Abilities as I used to be a well known model in my Country but by the time I moved and received the Green Card I was getting less job offers so I didn't work as a model anymore since getting my Green Card. In 2008 I got Family Health plus because I got depressed and needed to see a therapist after losing my job. I recently got Medicaid after I got depressed again. This second time was 1 month after my 5 years Green Card "anniversary"- Is any of this going to create a problem with my citizenship application? Also, I got married (to an American citizen I have been dating for 5 years) this past April.

You have nothing to worry about. Go file for your citizenship and my guess is that you will get naturalized without issues. Good luck!
This should not be a problem for your naturalization application. It is more important that you do not have a significant criminal history and have always filed and paid any Federal or state taxes due. Please review this information and call me if you want us to assist with your application.
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
No. I don't think this will create a problem that will prevent you from becoming naturalized. But you should meet with an immigration attorney to make sure you meet all the requirements of naturalization: 1) continuous physical presence, 2) good moral character, 3) civics/English test. Make sure your taxes are in order as well. An attorney can make sure you meet the requirements and file your case for you.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
Based on your brief facts, you should not have a problem. However, I would recommend a more in depth consultation with an immigration attorney in case there are other potential problems.