Will my son's misdemeanor tickets show up on his record? 2 Answers as of March 27, 2015

My 15 year old son got 3 misdemeanor tickets - harassment, assault and possession of less than an ounce. He was not convicted, never even went to court. He was enrolled in the juvenile diversion program and completed everything required, so the cases never went to court. Will these tickets show up on a background check? He is trying to get his first job.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
Probably they will not show up since it is a juvenile case but the way to be sure us to ask for the records to be expunged - there are forms to use on the state court website or at any court clerks office.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
As a juvenile probably not, but with bureaucracies you never know. If the charges were dismissed after the diversion you can get the records sealed for your son and then be certain that it will never show up. Consult an attorney.