Will my son be able to get his F1 visa if we own property in the United States? 2 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I moved to USA with my family on H1 and H4 visas in 2000. We lived in USA until 2009 and in the midst applied for greencard too. We had not got our green card before we left USA. We still have our property there on rent. We had got our SSN also. Paid taxes on time. No crimes committed. Still paying property taxes for USA house, from India. After coming back to India my wife and son applied for a visitor visa in a couple of months and were denied saying they had strong ties with USA. 2 years from now my son would like to study in USA for undergrad on F1. Would he have a problem with visas because of the history? Should I sell the house so he doesn't have any ties with USA. What about the social security number although we are not benefitting from it?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
For a student visa you will have to show strong ties to your own country. A pending petition negates the non- immigrant intent
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 7/26/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Visitor visa requires a person not to have any intent to immigrate to US. Yes, all you stated here suggest your intent to move your family to US. What you have to do is for your son to apply for F1 visa. If you want to come to US, you need to figure out some other sponsor, such as an employer because H1B visa allows immigration intent. If you need an attorney, you are welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: