Will my sister be able to visit the US after being deported? 3 Answers as of July 06, 2011

My sister was deported 11 years ago, she now wants to apply for a visa to come visit to the US, and will she be able to do that?

Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Yes she is eligible to apply for a non-immigrant visa or even immigrant visa to visit the US. It is up to the US Consulate to decide if she meets all the requirements for the particular visa she is seeking. The deportation record should not affect legally her chance.
Yes if she presents a really good waiver in addition to the consular documentation required. But keep in mind that every applicant for a visitor's visa is considered to be an applicant for an immigrant visa. She will have to make a tremendously good argument before the Consular Officer that she will only visit temporarily and not remain, seeing that she already breached that promise once before. Does not look good, but you never know. Good luck!
That depends on why she was deported. If she only had a ten year ban she can apply for a visa at the US consulate. They may issue her a visa or they may not depending upon the circumstances.